Osprey Ariel AG 65 Women’s Backpack
I tried on quite a few bags before landing on this pack and I’m quite happy with my decision. When we first began trying on bags we took a trip down to MEC. I tried on a few brands, including their MEC bags, a Black Diamond bag and a Deuter bag. None of the bags fit me right, either hitting me awkwardly at the hips or gaping far from my lower back.
When I got home I did some research on how to fit a bag. The first recommendation that I came across was to measure the length of your torso. I grabbed a tape measure and realized I have an incredibly short torso (less than 15 inches)! This is on the small size for women’s bags so I had to make sure the brand of bag I purchased had a women’s XS.
- Wide opening at the top
- Mesh elastic pocket at the front for quick grab-and-go items
- Side entry zipper – makes it so much easier so you don’t have to open your bag every time
- Lower zippered bottom section that can be sectioned off (great for wet clothes & gear)
- Inward synching hip belt
- Top pocket is quite large. I found if you packed it too full it would push my head forward while hiking.
- Shoulder straps could have tightened a little more. They fit me perfectly fully tightened but I’m worried they may stretch out over time.
In comparison to the North Face Terra 65 that Erik picked up it seems MUCH larger. Honestly, this bag felt like I was putting on my turtle shell every morning. It was comfy and fit perfectly! I have no complaints so far.